Monday, January 16, 2006

Survey says...

Today during my routine monotonous job where I daily try and find things to occupy my mind to stray from the numbness it would feel by just answering the phone, my friend and I decided to create a survey.

This morning (before my cafĂ© latte) we came to the conclusion that out of 18 people (co-workers of both sexes) there are 3 single girls. Being the intelligent women that we are we asked our co-workers where they met their match being either a boyfriend or girlfriend a fiancĂ© or spouse. To my surprise the winning category indicated the majority of them met at school or work. The second favorite was at a bar or party (a lot of us already know the bad odds on this situation), and third was through friends. I agree completely with the friends’ connection, but in some cases this is a lost cause as well (especially when most of your friends are girls with the exception of a few scattered ex-boyfriends that you’ve kept in touch with).

The number one place to meet somewhat boggles my mind for the simple fact that I’ve heard so many people warn me about dating a co-worker. I can understand why they warned me of this seeing as though you’d have to cope with working with one another if the relationship ended. Or even worse if the relationship became hostile because of lying, cheating or one of those other nasty relationship breakers, then you’d still have to muster up the strength to not kill each other daily from 9-5. However, after viewing the fabulous results to this perfected survey, which indicated the top place to meet your future mate, is at work I think to myself, why the hell not? If work really is the relationship vineyard I say take your chances and taste the wine!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow girl, you have certainly put a lot of thought into this... I would have never thought that most people met their partners through work - thats crazy! I could not imagine how difficult it would be to work with the person I go home to.... ahh... I might pull all my hair out instead of cutting it off!