Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My little bubble - don't touch it!

So we all have our comfort zones, some are good and keep us sane, and others may be bordering obsessive-compulsive disorder. I'm not referring to the 'relationship comfort zone' which most people dread as they feel the relationship becomes routine and loses lust, excitement and drive. Hmm, I can't say as though I've ever experience this as my track record for relationships is a mere 3 months - no time there for any sort of comfort zone.

Anyway, the comfort zones I'm referring to are the more simple things. As an example I will give you two rules of thumb (straight from the crazy mind of moi). So first is the bathroom stall rule of thumb. In my mind, when there are 8 stalls to choose from and only one is taken (the one I'm in) do NOT take the one directly beside me. Why would you subconsciously even do such a thing? I know it's not as personal and 'open' as a urinal but it's still too close for comfort. The second (and yes I admit, I do have the border-line OCC comfort zones) is the close talker. The close talker usually stands abnormally close to you, so much so, that another millimeter would result in a kiss. To me, standing this close to someone causes them to look blurry, you to look cross-eyed and it's just plain weird - so don't do it.

All in all, I'm not crazy I just like my space. I do realize though, this may be something I'll have to work on in order to improve my relationship track record from 3 months to maybe even 6!

No comments: