Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Futuristic make up and egg fashion?

Yesterday I decided to open brand new mascara! Yes my life is exciting right now so shutty. It’s my favorite brand of make- up (Clinique) so I was, or thought I was familiar with the product. Now I’m no make-up artist but I apply my own make-up rather well. After many years of applying mascara I didn’t even think to glance at the actual brush before applying, I merely take it out of the tube and apply. I stop myself before it hits my eye lashes as my subconscious yelled “Woah, what the eff is this”. I look at what is in my hand and there IS NO brush – it’s a yellow stick –no bristles, just a skinny yellow stick with black make-up on it. Thinking I may have received a faulty mascara brush, I slowly put the brushless stick back into the tube and walked away from my make-up table. I went mascara-less yesterday and today I went back to old faithful. Youngens of tomorrow if you are out there reading this, shed some light on this futuristic tube of mascara to an old lady who is not that old.

Speaking of futuristic, Lada Gaga arriving to the Grammy’s in an egg? Pardon me?! What the hell happened to the classy Grammy days of simple best and worst dressed? Now maybe I’m wrong, but to me, the Grammy’s were always about glamour and fashion, besides the obvious of course, being an award show for music and entertainment. The red carpet spreads wide and long for those fashionistas of the industry to show off their Dolces, Armanis, Puccis and Guccis. There was Jennifer Lopez showing off leg and ass fabulously in a silver sequence dress. Kim Kardashian barely fit her ass into her gold number, but as always, still looked smoking hot. But Lada Gaga and entourage arriving half nekkid and in disgusting flesh colored garb carrying an egg where Gaga was said to be ‘incubating’? Again, Pardon me?! How is THAT fashion?  As weird as the King of Pop himself, Michael Jackson was, did he ever show up in a womb incubating?  Um no!



No comments: